Adult and Family Dentistry
Dr. Anders and her team want you to experience a healthy mouth that requires little to no professional care and attention.
At Dr. Deborah Anders dental office you will find:
- Highly trained professional dental team – combined team experience of 90+ years in dentistry and compassion
- Solutions to have a healthy mouth even when you are doing your best and still don’t see healthy results
- Painless injection
- Advanced technology like digital x-rays, cavity detection laser pen, professional antibacterial irrigation and more!
- Teeth Cleanings
- Annual Dr. Exams
- Diagnostic Radiographs
- Periodontal Maintenance
- Oral Cancer Screenings
- Oral Hygiene Instructions
Detecting and treating dental problems at an early stage will save you time, money, unnecessary discomfort, and your teeth!
The key to preventative dentistry is how well you take care of your teeth when you’re not in the dental office! Knowing how to care for your teeth properly is the best way to prevent problems and keep a healthy mouth. At your regular preventative appointments you will be shown good brushing techniques and instructed on how to floss effectively. Your Hygienist will chart your dental fitness and keep you up on the latest research and trends in oral health.
Your annual examination with Dr. Anders will always include an oral cancer screening and an evaluation of your overall oral health. Any issues that are discovered will be discussed with you including options for treatment. She will also take the time to discuss with you the link between a healthy mouth and a healthy heart.
Digital X-Rays = Less Radiation
Dental x-rays are an essential diagnostic tool used to detect hidden abnormalities and decay. Digital X-ray technology uses an electronic sensor that captures and stores the digital image on a computer. This image can be instantly viewed and enlarged, making it much faster and easier to detect problems. Digital X-Rays are used exclusively in our practice which means less time for you in our chair and less exposure to radiation.
Digital x-rays reduce radiation exposure 75-80% compared to the already low exposure of traditional dental x-rays. Even though digital x-rays produce a very low level of radiation (one third that of traditional x-rays), we take additional precautions to limit your exposure to radiation. We do not take unnecessary x-rays and we always use a lead apron to shield and protect your body and thyroid area.
Dental X-Rays May Reveal:
- Abscesses or cysts
- Bone loss of the jaw that supports the teeth
- Cancerous and noncancerous tumors
- Decay between the teeth
- Developmental abnormalities
- Poor tooth and root positions
- Problems inside a tooth or below the gum line.
- Defects of the jaw joint
- Impacted teeth
- Congenitally missing teeth
- Hardened plaque hidden under gums
Do you think your child will need braces, but wish there was a less expensive alternative?
For younger patients who are interested in straightening their smile without traditional metal braces, we offer OrthoTain as an alternative treatment. The OrthoTain appliance is similar to a nightguard. Patients wear the appliance at night and perform specific day time exercises to straighten their teeth. OrthoTain has the most benefit for patients between the ages of 6 and 11 because their teeth are able to move around with more ease than the teeth of adults or teens. With proper compliance, patients can see improvement in as little as six months, and at a third of the price of traditional orthodontic treatment! Call today to schedule an appointment to find out if OrthoTain is right for your child!
- Starting at age 6
- No restraints
- No silver/mercury fillings
- Composite Fillings (tooth colored)
- Gold and Porcelain Crowns
- Dental Implant Restoration
- Dentures and partial dentures
- Teeth Whitening
- Cosmetic recontouring
- Removable orthodontic appliances