Biological Dentistry considers the effects dental materials, techniques, and procedures have on a person’s entire body. Biological Dentistry acknowledges, appreciates, and is concerned with the complex relationship between oral health and systemic health. When recommending treatment, a biological dentist informs the patient of procedures and materials that will be used. They may also inquire about materials that have previously been used for a specific patient.
Biological Dental Offices Typically:
- Do not place Amalgam (Silver/Mercury) fillings
- Use safe protocols to remove Silver/Mercury fillings (IAOMT protocol)
- Offer tests for allergies/allergic reactions to dental materials prior to beginning treatment (very valuable for immune-compromised patients)
- Desire to work with physicians or health care providers to meet individual health goals (necessary for patients with Heart Disease or Diabetes)
- Offer Fluoride-Free dental products and materials
- Offer Latex-Free dental products and materials
- Are fragrance-free
We Practice Biological Dentistry!
In addition to Mercury Safe and Biological Dentistry, we also provide:
- DNA testing for Oral Pathogens
- Oral Cancer Screenings
- Oral Pathogen Therapy
- Treatment of persistent bad breath
Our office is conservative in treatment to avoid necessity for Root Canals.
Stay up to date on the latest office happenings and specials by “liking” us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/andersdds